When it comes to spending your money, how often have you said something along the lines of “I’m going to buy from them because I want to support them”?
I know I hear myself say it a lot when it comes to local businesses I know and trust, or online businesses/entrepreneurs I can’t help but follow, or global businesses that are helping to change the world.
The most successful businesses and brands are the ones that have set themselves apart from stuffy corporations because they’re personable and relatable.
• The family-owned + operated shoe store that maintains their family history & values
• The health coach that shares how she overcame illness
• The jewelry line that donates to charities
People feel compelled to spend money with certain businesses because they’ve shown that they’re people, too.
They share their story, their “why”… their magic.
When it comes to spending their hard-earned money, people want a reason to support and connect with you.
Don’t be afraid of being real; being real creates a connection… and we all crave connection.
– – –
1) Go back to the very beginning and remember why you started your business in the first place. Ask yourself “What’s your Why?”
2) Review your website and/or your social media accounts and see if your “why” matches your current marketing and branding.
3) Make any adjustments to integrate your “why” into your business.
4) Use this in your social media posts, your taglines, your writing, your programs, etc.
Would you like assistance?